Summer Inter Program
@EC English, London, UK
21st June – 20th August 2020
London, in a lively area known as Bloomsbury.
You are literally in the middle of central London close to iconic shopping areas such as
Oxford Street and Covent Garden. The accommodation is split between two different
residence buildings, all close to the main campus.
Junior students (aged 13-17) and adult students (aged 18-25) can be in the same group
and travel together. However, they will be accommodated in separate halls, taught in
separate classes and do some activities separately.
Location : University College London
Dates : 21 Jun – 20 Aug
Ages : 13-17 (juniors) and 18-25 (adults)
Accommodation : Standard single and limited twin rooms
Sample excursions : Canterbury, Cambridge and Brighton
- Lessons are taught by friendly English teachers.
- 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
- Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
- Spacious, modern classrooms.
- Maximum of 15 students per class.
- Course material is included.
- Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
- Price GBP 880 per week (including Tuition fee, 3 meals, Accommodation and Activity)
- Minimum Length : 2 weeks
- Confidence in communicating in English
- A love for the English language and culture
- A feeling of having studied in a safe, secure and tolerant environment
- Engagement after being part of an enjoyable social programme that supports the development of Life Skills
- Access to a global community of peers and new friends for life
This city needs no introduction, its reputation speaks for itself. One of the most visited cities in the world, London has something to offer everyone, from musicals and museums to vibrant nightlife and lively locals. EC London is close to Euston station with easy access to all of London.
On-site activities are scheduled occasionally when students are not in class or out exploring London, with full-day excursions at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Treasure Hunt, Karaoke, Disco, Quiz or different sports such as Mini Olympics or Football.
Our students get to explore exciting places around London every weekday, they visit
places such as The British Museum, Tate Modern, Tower Bridge, St. Paul’s Cathedral
and River Thames cruise.
Brighton : enjoy this vibrant popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture, and visit The Sea Life Centre and the Palace Pier.
Canterbury : visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most visited cities in the UK with medieval buildings and enjoy the gothic architecture of Canterbury Cathedral
Cambridge : explore this iconic University city famous for its colleges and punting on the River Cam, a visit to the famous King’s College is included.
- Students stay in standard single or twin rooms (limited amount of rooms) with shared bathroom.
- The rooms are spread across 2 residence buildings, Ramsay Hall and Campbell Hall. Ramsay Hall accommodates junior students and adults are assigned to a separate floor in Campbell Hall.
- All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
- Rooms are cleaned weekly.
- Bed linen is changed every week.
- Each residence has a communal lounge.
- Laundry service is available in both residence buildings.
- Meals are served in two large self-service dining halls, different depending on what residence students stay in.
|Travel times to nearest airports|
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||1 hr|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||45 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||1 hr 15 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr 15 mins|
|Travel times to nearest train station|
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||5 min|
Student Visitor Visa
The Student Visitor Visa, or Short-Term Study Visa, can be used to study in the UK on a temporary basis. There are different options depending on if your child is coming to the UK to study an English course.
This type of visa falls under the Standard Visitor Visa category of the UK visas. It allows you to study at a registered UK institution for a maximum period of six months or under. If you are looking to study in the UK as an international student
for a period longer than six months, you must apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa instead. This type of UK Student Visa is measured under the points-based system.